Thursday 6 December 2007

Day 197 - Agra

Well we have been in Agra for 4 days now so there is little to report as to be honest we have not done a lot. I have only visited one sight, a tomb that I cant remember the name of but is know as the Baby Taj as there are striking similarities, so no I have even been in to the Taj as it is too expensive in my opinion. Having said that I plan to return here at the end of the year so I will go in then.

The days have passed quickly and sociably. We have enjoyed the company of Sonya and Aaldrik, the two cyclists from Holland who are also staying in our hotel, and yesterday we met Geoff from Australia, who is a another cyclist and also going to Australia. So that makes 6 cyclists that we know of in Agra at the moment.

Tomorrow we go in different directions. Sonya and Aaldrik will be here a little longer, Geoff heads off in the direction of Jaipur, Judith and Andrea towards Nepal and I will be heading north to Mcleod Ganj, home of the Dali Lama and then on to Amritsa. It is in totally the wrong direction, so for the next 10 days or so I will be heading towards home, but I have always wanted to go to Amritsa and I feel if I dont go there this time, I will never go there. Then I plan to be cycling into Delhi on Christmas Day, now that is bad planning as I cant think of anything I would rather do less!

The temperature here has dropped dramatically over the last week and it will not be long before I start to wear shoes for the first time since day one. In Jaipur I put the washing up to dry and it was almost ready after one hour, here it has taken two days.

See, I told you there wasnt much to report.

7 comments:

Richard said...

Hi John
Haven't been in touch for a while but we've been watching your progress. The whole office has been watching your blog.
One question and forgive me if you've already answered this but how many punctures have you had so far??
Your doing great

Richard

Basher Barlow said...

"I have even been in to the Taj as it is too expensive in my opinion"..... Still a tight wad then Beastie.

PS: Friday's use to be the real cheap day so plan the return trip around then.

Tony said...

Just got hold of a copy of Showell Styles "Blue Remembered Hills". Wonder if you know it. Impressed me long ago. Now matches up with lots about YOUR travelling.

pip said...

"In Jaipur I put the washing up to dry and it was almost ready after one hour, here it has taken two days.

See, I told you there wasn't much to report."

You're kidding!

pip said...

"In Jaipur I put the washing up to dry and it was almost ready after one hour, here it has taken two days.

See, I told you there wasn't much to report."

You're kidding!

Caff said...

A seasonal joke for you - just in case you are pining for our cooler, damper climate.
How do snowmen get around?...............they ride an icicle!!!!!!!
Ok a bit sad - but I liked it :-)

Unknown said...

Your still going! Sorry I've not commented in ages but I've hands me hands amazingly full making myself a millionaire :) What can I say m8, impressive stuff. I did the old cycle down the Stratford Rd today, bought a tear to my eye....well almost as yet another crazed motorist barely missed me!! Will post more often now things are getting in order. Hurry up back I'm looking forward to my sacks of stones you promised for me!

Pete