Friday 18 May 2007

One day to go

I’m not very good at goodbyes, especially to large groups, especially when it doesn’t feel as though I am leaving. That’s how it was with my friends, the Woodstock Bell ringers last night. It just felt like any other night. It was only in the pub afterwards as I was questioned about the trip that I thought “Blimey! I suppose I had better start packing”.

It has been a week of goodbyes, some by email, some by telephone and some in the flesh and yet it still hasn’t really sunk in. Perhaps it’s my defence mechanism kicking in to stop me getting all emotional. It’s probably something to do with the fact that I leave home in just over 24 hours time and I still have so much to do. People have been so nice though and said such good things, and I am not even dead yet!

My sister Cathy and Caroline have continued to work tirelessly on cleaning my house this week. I would never have got in all done without them although I think it’s been a bit unjustified with amount of times they have used the word “filth”. I still blame the dogs!

Anyway, the next time I update this blog it will be for real and I wont have 101 other things I should be doing.

1 comment:

Harpo said...

Cheerio ya stupid bugger.

And what was you doing posting at 0533 - you should have been sleeping.

Like a normal person.